Ted Hoover – Chair
Chapter Projects 2016
Black Creek Native Brook Trout Project:
The Conservation committee will be moving into phase 2 of this project in 2016 . Here are the goals.
- search for heritage strain brook trout in Black Creek
- develop expertise for searching for brook trout in other streams
- develop expertise in preserving brook trout populations in the area
The Conservation committee hopes to organize another stream cleanup this year. Details will be posted once a date has been scheduled.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
AWSMP Stream Access and Recreation Working Group
Russell Yess has been representing CMTU in the meetings organized AWSMP .
Local Conservation Issues
Call for Volunteers
Please contact me if you would like to get involved and are willing to help
in any or all of the following roles (even if it is once a year and only for
- meet once or twice a year to plan and coordinate chapter projects
- help with projects planned by the Committee
- consult with and mentor other members
Here are some past Chapter activities.
- Opening tributary mouths in the fall to help spawning trout
- Joining with other groups to clean up streams and reservoirs.
- Restoration projects on streams such as planting willows, shrubs and trees
- Joint projects with other TU chapters and other organizations
Please join the Conservation Committee if you are a new member looking for a
way to get involved, or if you are an experienced member who can help
mentor, educate, and grow the skills of the current and next generation of TU
If you are interested please send me an email email@example.com